Our toolkits provide step-by-step instructions on starting or improving your school-based health services. Some are members’ only resources. Learn more about our toolkits.
- Asthma Environmental Intervention Guide for School-Based Health Centers
- Connecting Students to Mental Health Resources
- Documenting the Link Between School-Based Health Centers & Academic Success: A Guide for the Field
- HIPAA or FERPA? A Primer on School Health Information Sharing in California
- From Vision to Reality: How to Build a School Health Center from the Ground Up
- Key Performance Measures for School-Based Health Centers
- Parent Engagement Toolkit
- Third Party Billing: A Manual for California’s School Health Centers
- Ready, Set, Success! How to Maximize the Impact of School Health Centers on Student Achievement
- Peer Health Insurance Rights & Education: PHIRE Curriculum for Educating Youth About Health Insurance
- H.E.L.P. (Healthy Eating, Learning, and Playing) at School
Our reports offer best practices from SBHCs as well as guidance for maximizing health care services for kids at school. Learn more about our reports.
- Key Steps in Planning a School-Based Health Center
- Recommendations for Sustaining School-Based Health Centers
- Improving the Adolescent Patient Experience at School-Based Health Centers
- Making the Health Home Model Work for Boys and Young Men of Color
- Measuring Adolescent Patient Experience in School-Based Health Centers
- Practice Management and Electronic Health Record Systems: School-Based Health Center Requirements and Configuration Considerations
- Integrated, Trauma-Informed Mental Health Care to Support Boys & Young Men of Color
- Patient-Centered Medical Home: How School-Based Health Centers Are Relating to This New Model of Care
- Different Setting, Different Care: Integrating Prevention and Clinical Care in School-Based Health Centers
- School-Based Health Centers and Health Care Reform
- How School-Based Health Centers Can Address Teen Dating Violence
- Teen Pregnancy Prevention at SBHCs: Challenges & Opportunities
Our workshops, technical assistance, and training can help you start or improve health services for students. Members receive four hours of free technical assistance to help your school-based health center or school district offer more effective health services. Members also receive 20% off all additional technical assistance and training. You can become a member here.
We offer consultative services to help you with the following:
- Planning a school-based health center and forming new partnerships.
- Better integrating a health center into a school campus.
- Developing and expanding youth engagement programs.
- Establishing or expanding a school-based mental health program.
Webpages, Tools, and Resources on Integrating School Health Programs
School health services and SBHCs are most effective when they are well integrated into the school community. This integration serves as a foundation for close partnership with school personnel, so school health programs better support student attendance, positive climate, and academic success. We offer guiding principles, assessments, and work planning tools to help school health providers better align their programs with those of the school communities they serve. These tools are for members only, and can be accessed through our Member Resources webpage. Not yet a member? Join now.
Individual and Organizational Membership
Organizational members receive discounts on trainings, workshops, and conference registrations. In addition, they are entitled to one free print copy of all the toolkits listed above. Learn more about our member benefits.