Scroll down to find job openings, volunteer opportunities, and internships with us and at our partner organizations.
Openings at the California School-Based Health Alliance
The California School-Based Health Alliance (CSHA) is seeking an Associate Director for our statewide work providing assistance and training to school-based health centers (SBHCs) to enhance their sustainability and improve the scope and quality of their services.
As the Associate Director, you will have the opportunity to work with the Executive Director and the leadership team to shape the direction and strategy for our organization with a focus on development, operations, and communications. The responsibilities listed below illustrate the overall possible scope of this position. We will tailor the job duties to fit the strengths of the right candidate.
- Manage the development program and maximize the ED’s role in proposal writing and donor cultivation.
- Staff the resource development committee of the Board and manage board members’ participation in fundraising.
- Develop corporate partnerships, cause marketing campaign and solicit sponsors and exhibitors for annual conference.
- Oversee development and implementation of a membership and individual donor program including solicitation, recognition, and member communications.
- Research funder/donor prospects, track grants pipeline, participate in project scoping, coordinate submission of grant proposals and reports, develop grant budgets, assist with grant writing.
2) Communications and Outreach
- Develop and implement a communications strategy that supports our policy, membership, and fundraising goals, including website, printed materials, enews/listserv, media outreach, conference exhibits, and presentations.
- Manage outreach to school districts to reach strategic goal of engaging 650 districts.
- Play leadership role in annual conference coordination.
- Support ED in creating board meeting/call agendas.
- Manage communication with Board members to ensure that meeting information, minutes and other materials are distributed in a timely manner.
- Staff resource development and board development committees.
- Support ED in overseeing internal operations, coordinating staff functions, and ensuring successful completion of all grant and project deliverables.
- Work with Director of Operations to ensure that all financial processes are implemented in accordance with CSHA policies and procedures.
- Review budgets and financial reports.
- Work with Director of Operations and other staff to ensure that all funder reports are submitted in a timely manner.
- Supervise Office Manager to ensure that office space, equipment, communications and technology are meeting the needs of the organization and staff.
- Manage SalesForce contact database and supervise use by other staff.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Minimum seven years’ experience in non-profit fundraising, management, communications, or operations.
- Strong verbal communication skills and experience making presentations to potential donors or partners.
- Experience with resource development strategies including corporate partnerships, cause marketing, individual donors, and membership.
- Strong writing skills and experience writing grant proposals and reports.
- Experience with planning, management, and supervision.
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills.
- Ability to travel regularly within California, including overnight, to work occasional weekend or evening hours, and take an average of one out-of-state trip each year.
Salary is dependent on experience. We offer a competitive benefit package. This is a full-time position based in Oakland, but we would also consider an 80% FTE under the right circumstances.
Interested candidates are invited to submit a resume, cover letter, and writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use subject line: Associate Director 2015. We will begin reviewing applications on June 1, and the position will be open until filled.
Volunteer Openings at the California School-Based Health Alliance
Help Us Create a Bigger Picture of California’s SBHCs
Do you have a talent with photography, digital video editing, and graphic design? Can you commit at least 5 hours per month and be available for occasional all-day events? We are seeking a volunteer to:
- Photograph participants and video record testimonies at youth leadership events, school-based health center openings, and the statewide annual conference.
- Edit video testimonies and recordings of events to upload to our YouTube page.
- Assist with graphic design and production of our collateral, including fact sheets, conference materials, and other promotional handouts.
To apply, please send statement of interest and portfolio of visual work to email@example.com.
School Health Job Openings
Director I, Health Services
Sacramento City Unified School District Health Services is seeking a motivated person who has proven administrative ability and wants to make a difference by leading a team of dedicated, experienced staff to serve the growing health needs of the students in our richly diverse urban district. Our ideal candidate is a passionate advocate, effective communicator, innovative thinker, collaborative problem solver, data based decision maker, and a community builder. The position posting closes on May 24, 2015. Learn more about the position and how to apply here.
California Community Health Clinic Jobs
Other Public Health Job Openings
Public Health Institute (PHI)
PHI has a constantly updated list of health sector jobs.
Anti-Violence Program Job Openings
For California School-Based Health Alliance Members
Take advantage of another organizational member benefit and advertise your job openings here and in our bi-monthly eNews. Please contact us with your current job opening and provide us with: a brief job description; the full job description (either a PDF or website link); job location; and contact information for questions and resume submission. Job postings will stay up for one month unless we are notified that a position is still available or has been filled.