Scroll down to find job openings, volunteer opportunities, and internships at CSHC and at our partner organizations. We remove CSHC Job Opening postings as soon as they have been filled.
CSHC Volunteer Openings
Salesforce Savvy? Join Our Volunteer Force
Well acquainted with Salesforce? Have a passion for helping others? Want to donate your time and skills for a worthy cause? If so, you are exactly who we’re looking for! Help us take our reports, dashboard, and overall customization to the next level to meet the specific needs of our organization. We have a relaxed, friendly office and would love to have you join us a few hours a week to help us reach our full potential with Salesforce.
To apply, please send statement of interest and experience to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Help Us Create a Bigger Picture of California’s SBHCs
Do you have a talent with photography, digital video editing, and graphic design? Can you commit at least 5 hours per month and be available for occasional all-day events? We are seeking a volunteer to:
- Photograph participants and video record testimonies at youth leadership events, school-based health center openings, and the statewide annual conference.
- Edit video testimonies and recordings of events to upload to CSHC YouTube page.
- Assist with graphic design and production of CSHC collateral, including fact sheets, conference materials, and other promotional handouts.
- Assist with graphic design of website elements, including social media banners and wrappers.
To apply, please send statement of interest and portfolio of visual work to email@example.com.
Other School Health Job Openings
Restorative Justice Consultant Position
Organization: Oakland Unified School District
Location: Oakland, California
Dates of Service: Present through June 2014 with possibility for extension into the 2014-15 school year
Salary: Depending on experience
Position Available: 30-40 hours/week
Under the direction of the Oakland Unified School District Family, School, and Community Partnerships (FSCP) Department, Program Manager for Restorative Justice, and school site principals; the consultant will
- Plan with administrators, staff, and students to develop and implement school-wide program
- Build positive relationship with students, staff, and administrators
- Help promote visibility and use of school-wide violence prevention curriculum
- Train adults working at school sites in restorative practices
- Train students in Restorative Practices including the peer mediation/circle process
- Assist with conflict resolution with broader school community
- Collect data and provide monthly reports of collected data to District coordinator
- Assist with program evaluation
- Maintain records and communicate with District Supervisor regularly
- Perform additional tasks as directed by District Supervisor
- Participate in district-wide practitioners network and associated trainings
- Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent, relevant experience) required
- Experience working in urban schools; middle or high school experience strongly preferred
- Mediation skills
- Knowledge of Restorative Justice practices
- Capacity to manage multiple priorities and tasks in a timely manner
- Ability to communicate effectively with school administrators and teachers
- Strong group facilitation and training skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; familiarity with Microsoft Word; Excel
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively with diverse groups
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and time management skills
- Strong understanding of youth development principles
- Able to provide own transportation
To apply: email resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline to apply is open until filled.
Organization: San Bruno Park Elementary
Location: San Bruno, California
Under the direction of the Superintendent, Health Educator will lead the district initiative to improve the health and wellness of all students and staff members of San Bruno Park School District. The Health Educator will take a lead role in supporting the efforts of the District Wellness Committee and will assemble and lead a team of school site representatives to facilitate the implementation of the eight components of the Coordinated School Health Model (CSHM) within the school system. Learn more and apply here.
Associate Field Program Supervisor and Health Policy Advocacy Program Manager
Organization: University of California Berkeley School of Public Health
Location: Berkeley, California
The UCB Center for Public Health Practice has launched a new Health Policy Advocacy Initiative. The Initiative is designed to provide students with practical skills, experience and mentorship in health policy advocacy. It is also focused on engaging students and providing technical assistance in health policy change efforts that promote the health of underserved California communities. They are seeking candidates with proven experience in health policy advocacy and program management to serve as a Policy Advocacy Field Supervisor and Program Manager. The application deadline is October 11, 2013. Learn more and apply here.
Employment Opportunities at East Bay Agency for Children
Search for jobs at East Bay Agency for Children, which works to improve student well-being through after-school programs, parent support services, and child assault prevention classes.
Employment Opportunities at La Clinica
Search for jobs at La Clinica, a health care services provider that operates school-based health clinics and community clinics in Alameda, Solano, and Contra Costa Counties.
CCI Voice Jobs Database
Search for jobs for safety net health care professionals from ccivoice.org.
Clinic Jobs: The Online Jobs Bank of the California Primary Care Association
Find a job or post your resume at http://jobs.cliniccareers.org/jobs
The JobMine From HIMMS
Search for health care IT jobs through the Health Information Management Systems Society database.
National Health Service Corps Jobs Center
Find employment opportunities in the dental, mental health, and primary care fields.
Employment Opportunities at Public Health Institute (PHI)
PHI has a constantly updated list of health sector jobs.
For CSHC Members
Take advantage of another organizational member benefit and advertise your job openings here and in our bi-monthly Enews. Please contact us with your current job opening and provide us with: a brief job description; the full job description (either a PDF or website link); job location; and contact information for questions and resume submission. Job postings will stay up for one month unless we are notified that a position is still available or has been filled.