Scroll down to find job openings, volunteer opportunities, and internships with us and at our partner organizations.
Openings at the California School-Based Health Alliance
IT Project Consultant
The Project: Dynamic Online Conference Registration Form
- Check the information added by the user to see if it is already in Salesforce and do one of two things:
- Add the contact if it is new
- Update the contact if it is existing
- Add user preferences to a campaign in Salesforce tracking the conference event, including:
- Selecting up to three workshop preferences.
- Meal preference.
- Optional selection of an additional workshop for an additional cost.
- Process the registrant’s payment using Stripe and record the payment in Salesforce.
The California School-Based Health Alliance (CSHA) is seeking a Project Manager for our statewide work providing support and training to school-based health centers (SBHCs) to enhance their sustainability and improve the scope and quality of their services.
The Project Manager will be responsible for supporting our work to ensure that a growing number of California students, particularly those in our most disadvantaged communities, have access to the primary care and mental health services they need to succeed in school and in life. CSHA is a growing organization, and we are continually developing new areas of work. As such, the Project Manager should expect to work on different issues or projects over time and can play a role in shaping those projects. Current possible focus areas for this position include the following:
- Supporting implementation of the following projects: a) development of new programs to serve youth who are dealing with trauma in 24 SBHCs in the Bay Area, b) fitness and prevention programs in 10 SBHCs, c) tobacco prevention education in five SBHCs. Support for these projects will include:
- Planning and/or conducting trainings for SBHC staff.
- Identifying or creating tools and resources to support SBHCs in the implementation of their projects.
- Maintaining regular contact with SBHCs to ensure completion of project activities.
- Creating program workplans and schedules and coordinating CSHA staff and contractors to ensure that projects proceed on schedule.
- Preparing project reports.
- Handling meeting preparation and logistics
- Educating school districts and community health/mental health providers about options for expanding school health programs through consultation, trainings, and the development of written materials and tools.
- Representing CSHA in meetings with other organizations working in children’s health, education, youth development, or social justice.
- Participating in the development of CSHA’s annual conference, which will be held May 5-6, 2016, in Sacramento.
- Assisting with conceptualization, planning, fundraising and launch of new programs as opportunities arise.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities needed for this position:
- A minimum of four years of experience in the school-based health field.
- Familiarity with youth-oriented mental health practices (especially trauma-informed care and restorative justice), youth empowerment, and leadership development models.
- Experience managing multi-stage projects involving multiple staff and partner agencies.
- Experience working with multiple cross-sector partners, including school-districts, city and county government, community health centers, mental health agencies, and other community organizations.
- Experience providing trainings and developing curricula or educational materials.
- Excellent written, interpersonal, and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills.
- Ability to travel, including overnights, and to work evening or weekend hours as needed.
- Master’s degree preferred; equivalent job experience will be considered.
- Knowledge of financing of school health and mental health services a plus.
Salary is dependent on experience. We offer a competitive benefit package. This is a full-time position based in Oakland.
Interested candidates are invited to submit a resume, cover letter, and writing sample to jobs<at>schoolhealthcenters<dot>org. Please use subject line: Program Manager 2015. We will begin reviewing applications on October 26, and the position will be open until filled.
California Community Health Clinic Jobs
Other Public Health Job Openings
Public Health Institute (PHI)
PHI has a constantly updated list of health sector jobs.
Anti-Violence Program Job Openings
For California School-Based Health Alliance Members
Take advantage of another organizational member benefit and advertise your job openings here and in our bi-monthly eNews. Please contact us with your current job opening and provide us with: a brief job description; the full job description (either a PDF or website link); job location; and contact information for questions and resume submission. Job postings will stay up for one month unless we are notified that a position is still available or has been filled.