Scroll down to find job openings, volunteer opportunities, and internships with us and at our partner organizations.
Job Openings at the California School-Based Health Alliance
Executive Program Assistant
The California School-Based Health Alliance (CSHA) is seeking an Executive Program Assistant to support our Executive Director and other members of our talented, committed, and friendly staff.
CSHA is the leading voice in California for the movement to put health care where kids are—in school. We are advancing school-based health by:
- Advocating for public policies that enable school health services to become a sustainable part of the health care and education systems.
- Expanding and improving programs and practices among school-based health centers and other school health service models.
- Raising support and awareness of school health through strategic communications.
We have a rigorous work environment and high standards. We are committed to being a learning organization, always open to new strategies and better ways of working. We also strive to support all of our staff in their own growth and development.
You can learn more about our organization at: www.schoolhealthcenters.org.
As an Executive Program Assistant, you will work closely with the Executive Director and also to engage with the Board of Directors and other program and administrative staff. We are open to candidates who have a career as administrative or executive assistants. We are also open to recent college graduates who see this position as a stepping stone to a future career in public health, education or other non-profit organization. We would like a minimum commitment of one year. This is a full-time position based in Oakland, but we would also consider part-time under the right circumstances.
Our desired start date is April 1, but we will consider candidates who are graduating later in the spring provided you can start prior to that on a part-time basis.
- Provide administrative support for Board meetings and committee calls
- Manage calendar of Executive Director, expense reimbursements, and other tasks as assigned
- Assist with scheduling and administrative tasks for other staff
- Handle process and logistics for internal meetings and activities
- Enter contact data and run reports from organization’s contact database
- Gather data and information on specific children’s health and education issues
- Conduct research on potential partners and funders
- Assist in preparation of grant applications
- Assist with logistics for annual conference, youth conferences, and other meetings or trainings
- Update website
- Assist in preparation of written materials such as factsheets or flyers and in use of social media.
This position will provide an opportunity to learn about:
- School-based health centers and other types school health services
- A wide range of health and education organizations/providers in California and how they work together
- Policy advocacy in Sacramento
- Project management
- Role of non-profit boards and executives
- Non-profit fundraising, communications and organizational development
- SalesForce CRM database
- Planning and execution of a statewide conference
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Excellent organizational skills, follow through, efficiency, and attention to detail
- Ability to communicate with external audiences in a professional manner
- Strong writing skills including correct grammar, spelling, and ability to compose emails free of typos
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Ability to learn new information and processes quickly
- Strong work ethic, team player, and commitment to the mission of the organization
- Bachelor’s Degree or minimum three years experience as executive or administrative assistant
Salary range $36,000-$46,000 dependent on experience. We offer a competitive benefit package.
Interested candidates are invited to submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please use subject line: Executive Program Assistant 2015. In your cover letter, please cover the following: 1) your skills or attributes that make you well suited to this position, 2) your professional goals and how this position fits in with them.
We will begin reviewing applications on March 1, and the position will be open until filled. (Posted 2/24/15)
Volunteer Openings at the California School-Based Health Alliance
Help Us Create a Bigger Picture of California’s SBHCs
Do you have a talent with photography, digital video editing, and graphic design? Can you commit at least 5 hours per month and be available for occasional all-day events? We are seeking a volunteer to:
- Photograph participants and video record testimonies at youth leadership events, school-based health center openings, and the statewide annual conference.
- Edit video testimonies and recordings of events to upload to our YouTube page.
- Assist with graphic design and production of our collateral, including fact sheets, conference materials, and other promotional handouts.
- Assist with graphic design of website elements, including social media banners and wrappers.
To apply, please send statement of interest and portfolio of visual work to firstname.lastname@example.org.
School Health Job Openings
Daly City Youth Health Center- Project PLAY Manager
(Posted 2-6-15) Project PLAY (Peer Leadership Alternatives for Youth) is the Health Center’s teen pregnancy prevention program and has two main initiatives: (1) comprehensive sexuality education; and (2) peer health education training. Project PLAY was established in 1996.
Learn more about the position and how to apply here.
Mental Health Clinical Specialist
In coordination with the Contra Costa County Health Services School-Based Clinic (SBC) Program, the Mental Health Clinic Specialist works to identify, address, improve, and support students who may be experiencing mental health issues. This can include anxiety and depression as a result of exposure to trauma, family dysfunction, poverty and/or lack of adequate health care. This position will be supervised by the CCHS Mental Health Program but will be working closely with CCHS SBC Program. This includes attending monthly SBC All Staff meetings, weekly Mental Health staff meetings, and participating in Supervision meetings. Learn more about the position and how to apply here.
Director I, Health Services
Sacramento City Unified School District Health Services is seeking a motivated person who has proven administrative ability and wants to make a difference by leading a team of dedicated, experienced staff to serve the growing health needs of the students in our richly diverse urban district. Our ideal candidate is a passionate advocate, effective communicator, innovative thinker, collaborative problem solver, data-based decision maker, and community builderr. We We currently operate 8 SBHCs that provide medical, dental, behavioral health, health education and youth development services to children and adolescents. The successful candidates will be committed to adolescent health and have relevant experience in staff supervision, budgeting and clinical operations. Learn more about the position and how to apply here.
Oakland TechniClinic SBHC Supervisor
La Clinica de La Raza is hiring a Clinic Supervisor for our dynamic Oakland Tech High School Based Health Center. La Clinica de La Raza is the largest community health care provider in the East Bay with a commitment to providing quality health care to underserved communities. We currently operate 8 SBHCs that provide medical, dental, behavioral health, health education and youth development services to children and adolescents. The successful candidates will be committed to adolescent health and have relevant experience in staff supervision, budgeting and clinical operations.
The position is year-round 1.0FTE (40 hours/week). The salary is $60,486 and full benefits are included. Interested candidates should apply online and send their resume and cover letter directly to email@example.com.
Daly City Youth Health Center Lead Physician
This is a part-time position for MD/DO with San Mateo County to provide both direct service clinical care to youth ages 13-25 at a school associated health center. Learn more about the position and how to apply here.
California Community Health Clinic Jobs
Other Public Health Job Openings
Public Health Institute (PHI)
PHI has a constantly updated list of health sector jobs.
Anti-Violence Program Job Openings
For California School-Based Health Alliance Members
Take advantage of another organizational member benefit and advertise your job openings here and in our bi-monthly eNews. Please contact us with your current job opening and provide us with: a brief job description; the full job description (either a PDF or website link); job location; and contact information for questions and resume submission. Job postings will stay up for one month unless we are notified that a position is still available or has been filled.