Scroll down to find job openings, volunteer opportunities, and internships with us and at our partner organizations.
Openings at the California School-Based Health Alliance
The Office Manager is a full-time position based in Oakland which reports to the Associate Director. This position ensures a smooth running office so that all staff have the equipment, supplies, and administrative support needed to perform their jobs. This position maintains office equipment and space, orders supplies, performs a variety of bookkeeping and human resource tasks under the direction of the Director of Operations, plays a critical role in planning the annual statewide conference, and assists with a variety of administrative support activities.
1) Office Management
- Maintain office network (internet, VPN, server), equipment, computers, and telephone system. Troubleshoot problems and coordinate with service providers as needed to address malfunctions and coordinate repairs. Maintain up-to-date website hosting and authentication certificates.
- Manage staff user IDs & passwords for WordPress, Gmail accounts, Salesforce, and computers. Maintain record of all CSHA accounts, user IDs, passwords.
- Serve as liaison between building management and CSHA, and coordinate needed repairs and maintenance.
- Order office supplies and maintain supply inventory.
- Identify ways to save on office expense, streamline processes, or in other ways improve efficiency.
- Answer main phone line and respond to general inquiries.
- Serve as main staff point person for general office and space issues.
- Manage occasional special projects as needed.
- Perform light office maintenance and other general office tasks as assigned.
- Process checks and other funds received through mail, website, or other sources. Deposit funds and process according to office procedures.
- Prepare invoices and track receivables using QuickBooks.
- Review expense claims, process bills for payment, and write checks in QuickBooks.
- Reconcile credit card statements.
- Other bookkeeping tasks as assigned.
3) Administrative Support
- Maintain website content related to board and staff listings, conference details, and other sections as assigned.
- Create and maintain up-to-date contact and organization records in Salesforce and help ensure accurate, current Salesforce data.
- Assist with mailings and Word/Excel mail merges.
- Assist with human resource activities such as processing paperwork, filing, and research.
- Schedule and calendar meetings for senior staff and make travel arrangements.
4) Conference and meeting support
- Assist with planning and logistics for conference, meetings, and other events.
- Coordinate conference venue research; manage contract and coordinate detailed catering and conference banquet order. Serve as on-site point person/troubleshooter during event.
- Manage conference registration process including processing online and print registration forms and organizing on-site check-in.
- Serve as primary point person for questions about conference from prospective or registered attendees.
- Order conference supplies, print name tags and other registration materials, assist with production of presentation handouts, participant packets and other conference materials.
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least three years of related experience. Additional years experience can be substituted for degree.
- Ability to multi-task, work under deadline, and maintain high professional standards.
- Strong computer skills, proficiency with QuickBooks and Microsoft Office, especially Word, Excel/mail merge. Experience with Salesforce (or other donor databases) and WordPress a plus, but not required.
- Ability to lift 20 lbs.
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com with Office Manager in the subject line. We are currently reviewing applications, and the position will be open until filled.
Volunteer Openings at the California School-Based Health Alliance
Help Us Create a Bigger Picture of California’s SBHCs
Do you have a talent with photography, digital video editing, and graphic design? Can you commit at least 5 hours per month and be available for occasional all-day events? We are seeking a volunteer to:
- Photograph participants and video record testimonies at youth leadership events, school-based health center openings, and the statewide annual conference.
- Edit video testimonies and recordings of events to upload to our YouTube page.
- Assist with graphic design and production of our collateral, including fact sheets, conference materials, and other promotional handouts.
To apply, please send statement of interest and portfolio of visual work to firstname.lastname@example.org.
School Health Job Openings
Director I, Health Services
Sacramento City Unified School District Health Services is seeking a motivated person who has proven administrative ability and wants to make a difference by leading a team of dedicated, experienced staff to serve the growing health needs of the students in our richly diverse urban district. Our ideal candidate is a passionate advocate, effective communicator, innovative thinker, collaborative problem solver, data based decision maker, and a community builder. The position posting closes on May 24, 2015. Learn more about the position and how to apply here.
California Community Health Clinic Jobs
Other Public Health Job Openings
Public Health Institute (PHI)
PHI has a constantly updated list of health sector jobs.
Anti-Violence Program Job Openings
For California School-Based Health Alliance Members
Take advantage of another organizational member benefit and advertise your job openings here and in our bi-monthly eNews. Please contact us with your current job opening and provide us with: a brief job description; the full job description (either a PDF or website link); job location; and contact information for questions and resume submission. Job postings will stay up for one month unless we are notified that a position is still available or has been filled.