February Is School-Based Health Center Awareness Month!
Providing health care at school expands access to health care and promotes educational equity.
- See the high impact opportunities to education offered by school-based health care.
- See how school-based health builds equity.
- See the connection between good health and attendance.
We are proud that California is among the states with the most school-based health centers – 243 that offer access to health care for over 257,000 students. We want more, but we cannot do it without your help. Help promote awareness for school-based health centers in February.
Share your success stories, thoughts, and ideas by using the hashtag #sbh4all.
- Share our Top 10 Benefits of School-Based Health Centers page.
- Join our Twitter chat on Wednesday, February 17, at 11 a.m. PT.
- Join the national School-Based Health Alliance’s Twitter chat (#SBHCmonth16) on Tuesday, February 23, at 11 a.m. PT.
- Sign up to stay connected, follow us on Twitter and Instagram, and like our page on Facebook!
- Learn about our Youth Board and the great work that they do!
Join Us in Sacramento May 5-6
Are you an educator, health provider, or children’s advocate? Register for our 2016 Statewide School Health Conference! Click here to learn more about Advocating for Equity in Education & Health Care.