COVID-19 is a new illness that can affect lungs and airways. It’s caused by a virus called coronavirus. The illness first appeared in late 2019 and has since spread around the world.
General | SBHCs | Health Providers | Managing Anxiety | Talking to Children & Youth | SBHC Strategies for Providing Care | Telehealth Updates | Family Wellness
- Children and COVID-19 and Information for Schools, Workplaces, & Community Locations– CDC
- State of California Safe Schools for All Hub
- COVID-19 Response Education Resources – State of California
- Resources for Children and Families – Children Now
- Resources for Schools – California Department of Education
- Planning for the Next Normal at School: Keeping Students, Staff, Teachers, and Families Safe & Healthy – Kaiser Permanente Thriving Schools
- Strategies to Continue Providing Care During School Closures – California School-Based Health Alliance
- SBHCs Can Deliver Care to Vulnerable Populations During the COVID-19 Pandemic – Child Trends
- COVID-19 Updates – California Department of Public Health
- Guidance on Requirements to Protect Workers from Coronavirus – Cal/OSHA
- Telehealth: See our telehealth updates page. The state is encouraging all counties to permit telehealth services within state and federal requirements to minimize COVID-19 spread. See more information:
COVID-19 Behavioral Health Information Notice, telehealth resources, telehealth FAQ, Family PACT provider FAQ, and Medi-Cal and telehealth website – California Department of Health Care Services
- COVID-19 FAQs for community health centers – California Primary Care Association
- Printable COVID-19 resources in multiple languages – California Endowment
- Guidance on Essential Critical Infrastructure Workers – State of California
- Text-Based Crisis Counseling – Crisis Text Line
- Montefiore Medical Center Video: Anxiety & Covid-19 – YouTube
- How to Talk to Teens About the New Coronavirus – Harvard Health Blog
- Caregiver Guide to Helping Families Cope With the Coronavirus Disease 2019 – National Child Traumatic Stress Network (NCTSN) fact sheet
- Healthy Home Learning Environment Handouts for Students and Caregivers in English and Spanish: Help students manage distance learning.
- Introductory Yoga to Help Parents Reduce Stress: This beginner yoga class shows gentle supportive ways to move the body.
- Sleep and Nutrition Videos from Asian Health Services Youth Program: Get tips to improve sleep and diet.
- Coronavirus Anxiety Workbook: Find different ways to manage pandemic-related stress.
- Supporting Latinx Student and Caregiver Mental Health, Part I & Part II: Learn the difference between social distancing and disconnection and how to manage the stress of being apart as well as ways to manage challenging emotions.