Make sure that all children start the school year off right by ensuring that parents know how to get health coverage for their children with these resources:
1. A back-to-school checklist for parents to help kids stay healthy. This resource was developed with the 100% Campaign:
2. Helpful information on immunizations needed for back-to-school and throughout the year:
3. Information schools and child-care providers can use to help parents, teachers, and school and child-care employees learn about new health care coverage options. These materials were developed with The Children’s Partnership:
- Download Guidance on Health Care Coverage Options for Parents and School Employees.
- Download a newsletter article for schools in English and Spanish.
- Download a newsletter article for child care providers in English and Spanish.
- Find additional resources at Asegurate.com, InsureKidsNow.gov, and at the National Academy for State Health Policy.
4. Information on Kaiser Permanente’s Child Health Plan, which offers coverage to children in Kaiser’s Northern California service area who are not eligible for government health coverage — such as Medi-Cal or California Children’s Services (CCS) — or health coverage that is paid for, in any part, by an employer. Clinics that support application assistance for KP Child Health should submit applications for coverage before November 22 to ensure continuous coverage through 2014 as the program transitions to become compliant with the Affordable Care Act.
- Download a list of locations offering assistance for enrolling in Kaiser’s Child Health Plan.
- Download an overview of Kaiser’s Child Health Plan in English, Spanish, and Chinese.
Please share these resources with families as the school year begins!
- Give to parents in your community
- Make available at school-based health centers
- Send to your colleagues and networks
- Include in your next newsletter
For More Information
To learn more about how schools and SBHCs can help enroll families in insurance coverage, please visit our Outreach and Enrollment web page or contact Caitlin Chan, Project Coordinator at 510-350-3292.