Other Public Health Job Openings
Public Health Institute (PHI)
PHI has a constantly updated list of health sector jobs.
Anti-Violence Program Job Openings
Department: SBHC Havenscourt – Med
Location: Oakland, CA
Salary: $89630 – $103943
Classification: Regular Full-Time
Job Function: Medical
Benefits: This is a benefitted position
As the SCHOOL-BASED HEALTH CENTER MANAGER, you will have the unique opportunity to work at the top of your skills providing critical and seamless support to a team of school-based professionals providing comprehensive medical, sexual health, behavioral health, health education, and youth development services to children and youth in Alameda County. You will oversee all aspects of school-based and school-linked health center operations for La Clínica’s 8 School-Based Health Centers, including staff supervision, quality assurance, school and community partnerships, strategic and program planning, and fiscal and operational viability of the department.
Clinic Manager II classification will be considered in cases where Managers oversee sites with more than 50.0 staff FTE and requires oversite of multiple functions or departments within their site
Major Areas of Responsibility include but are not limited to:
- In collaboration with Associate Medical Director and senior leadership, guides the direction of the department and its initiatives.
- Ensures successful integration of medical, behavioral health, health education and other services, including those delivered by subcontractors and other partners.
- With clinical leadership, helps ensure the optimal utilization and scheduling of providers, maximizing their productivity and expertise.
- Develops and implements policies and procedures aligned with the organization’s mission, its strategic plan, and relevant adolescent health principles, laws and regulations.
- Works with supervisors to develop and administer program budgets, monitor sites’ financial performance, and control expenditures within authorized appropriations.
- In conjunction with the Planning department, prepares grant proposals to maintain and enhance services. Responsible for ensuring the collection of relevant data and the timely submission of records and reports.
- Supports the adoption, spread and systematic use of best practices across sites.
- Ensures compliance with all relevant licensing, legal and funding guidelines, mandates and regulations.
- Works closely with each clinic to ensure day-to-day operations, including stepping in to cover staff vacancies as needed.
- Participates in the development and modification of service programs as needed.
- Participates in organizational committees or work groups as assigned.
- Allocates site resources to effectively deliver services.
- Collaborates effectively with La Clinica support departments.
- Directly supervises site-level supervisors, health education supervisor, and administrative assistant, carrying out responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; coaching and professional development; giving feedback, appraising performance, reward and discipline; and addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Assures new personnel receive a thorough orientation to La Clínica as well as site and job specific orientation.
- Executes human resources supervisory responsibilities in accordance with La Clínica’s policies, procedures and applicable laws, consulting with the Human Resources as appropriate.
- Develops management competencies for supervisors while ensuring clear performance standards and accountability.
- Practices open and effective communication with staff, providers, support departments, and leadership team
- Optimizes patient care and customer service through commitment to excellence at all levels. In conjunction with the Associate Medical Directors, Behavioral Health and Clinical Health Education, maintains a strong quality assurance program and supports continuous quality improvement.
- Provides ongoing evaluation, service improvement processes to ensure patient care, staff relations, and operational efficiency are well integrated.
- Documents, investigates, and resolves complaints, consults regularly with Chief Medical Director, Medical Operations Director and Compliance Office as needed.
- Develops medical services and educational programs in support of the department’s overall role in La Clinica’s mission.
- Assures principles of customer service are demonstrated in all aspects of department operations.
School and Community Partnerships
- Maintains productive working relationships with school personnel, school districts, public agencies and community organizations.
- Collaborates with school principals and administrators, school district personnel and other community partners to ensure positive integration of SBHC services in schools, and troubleshoots school partnership challenges
- Prepares Letters of Agreements with school partners and facilitates school partnership meetings to ensure clear expectations and responsibilities of partners.
Minimum Job Requirements
- Administration and Management: Knowledge of business and management principles related to strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources, leadership technique, and coordination of people and resources.
- Language: Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar. Spanish proficiency preferred but not required
- Patient Service: Knowledge of principles and processes for providing patient services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of patient satisfaction.
- Clerical: Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records
- Personnel and Human Resources: Working Knowledge of principles and procedures for personnel recruitment, selection, onboarding, performance management and training.
- Health Technology: Working knowledge and experience with Epic and Microsoft Office software, including spreadsheets and budget software.
Experience and Other Certifications
- Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in Public Health or a related field preferred.
- Three years of experience in a supervisory or management position preferred.
- Cultural competence working in diverse/low-income communities.
- Previous experience in the effective supervision of three or more employees.
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex budgets across funds and cost centers; experience managing grants and contracts.
- Creative problem-solving skills and ability to exercise sound judgment amidst ambiguity.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Capacity to strategically assess new opportunities, implement change and carefully manage resources in order to build long term sustainability. Ability to translate broad vision and goals into action, and to align others around this vision.
- Ability and willingness to work under pressure while maintaining perspective and capacity for reflection.
- Ability to motivate and supervise staff effectively at 8 unique SBHCs in person and remotely.
- Ability to travel to multiple locations; the expectation is to be physically on-site most of the time.
- Ability to work effectively with a wide range of groups. Skilled at resolving conflicts in a positive and constructive manner.
- Familiarity working within school systems strongly preferred.
- Willingly seeks/is open to feedback.
School District Nurse
As a School District Nurse, you will
- Identify the physical and mental health care needs of specific student populations and provide linkage to health services/resources.
- Collaborate with school site personnel, District personnel, other student support services personnel, and community-based organizations and providers to enhance the educational process and the promotion of an optimal level of wellness for students, families and staff.
- Plan and implement services to meet physical and mental health care needs.
- Assess & evaluate the effectiveness of services delivered.
You can view the full job description here.
School Social Worker
As a School Social Worker, you will support:
- School climate and systems work
- Mental health assessment and intervention services
You can view the full job description here.
Healthy Choices AmeriCorps
Do you know a young person (ages 18- 99) who is looking to gain experience working with students? We still have some open positions:
- FULL-TIME positions – you can view the full job description here
- School-based Part-Time positions (Ed Award only, these are perfect for college students looking for an internship)
- one program-based part-time position (Ed Award only, perfect for a college student looking for an internship).
For more information, contact Laurie Vargas Zeuschner firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
Please create an account and apply through the AmeriCorps site for Healthy Choices AmeriCorps
The California School-Based Health Alliance is an equal opportunity employer that actively pursues and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, disability (mental or physical), gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, military veteran status, national origin, political affiliation, pregnancy, race, religion or creed, sex, sexual orientation, or any other factor that is not related to the job.