Welcome to the California School-Based Health Alliance’s comprehensive resource section for expanding and enhancing school-based health centers (SBHCs) and school health programs. If you’re looking for funding to maintain services, or seeking to improve or expand services, this is the place to find out how to proceed. Below find information on how becoming a member of the California School-Based Health Alliance will entitle you to a whole menu of resources and services to help you and your program. Please contact us to find out about how we can help you start or expand your school health program or SBHC.
We have organized this set of operational and planning resources into the following sections:
- A school health 101 overview of services, related mandates, and expanded program models
- The case for SBHCs and why they are important
- A best practices checklist to help identify areas where SBHCs can strengthen their practices
- Consent and confidentiality, whether that means minor consent or the interface of HIPAA and FERPA in school health services
- Implementing electronic health records within the new health information technology landscape
- Ideas and resources for engaging family and the community in schools and SBHCs
- Strategies for integration between health care and school personnel
- A toolkit on how to implement schoolwide screenings
- Resources for utilizing telehealth in conjunction with a SBHC
- Practices to increase healing and trauma-informed services
- Strategies for youth engagement in school health program planning/oversight, outreach, and leadership
- Funding opportunities and resources for school health services
For access to more resources and services, become a member today.
Organizational members enjoy: