Information & Data on School-Based Health Centers
- Overview of School Health Centers With Map. Covers FAQs about school health centers and shows which counties in California have them.
- Proven Impact on Learning. Describes how SBHCs impact student learning.
- Different Setting, Different Care: Integrating Prevention and Clinical Care in SBHCs. Highlights how California SBHCs integrate clinical care with public health interventions and environmental change strategies. Article in the American Journal of Public Health authored by CSHC staff and colleagues.
- Nutrition and Physical Activity Model Program. Provides guidance on the essential components of effective school-based nutrition and physical activity programs; and provides examples of successful programs run by California SBHCs.
- Contact an SBHC. Provides a list of California’s school-based health centers with contact information.
- School-Based Health Centers Are a Great Idea. Read about Nathan, Kenny and Brittany – three students whose lives have been transformed by their SBHCs. Also see a list of our accomplishments and celebrate with us the growing number of SBHCs in California. Note: Our organization was formerly known as the California School Health Centers Association (CSHC) prior to January 2014.